* So, that was an awfully short honeymoon for Coach Kelly in South Bend, wasn't it? As Lou Holtz said, Notre Dame fans are behind the coach "Win or Tie", and they don't allow ties anymore. Actually, Kelly and his team will be all right, but there's a lot of dead wood to be cleared out still, quite obviously.
* I had a great time at the Indians/Royals game last night (Friday), won by Cleveland 7-3. There was a (relatively) big crowd (it was $1 hot dog night, plus with fireworks), and the Tribe played well. If you closed your eyes, you could almost imagine it was 1995 again. Almost.
My sister's boyfriend Jerry had the line of the night though. After Kansas City intentionally walked Travis Hafner for the second time in the game Jerry said, "If Barry Bonds had had Shelley Duncan batting behind him he'd have been intentionally walked 500 times."
* I also heard a good one the other day. A guy found a genie who would grant him a wish. The guy said, "I want to live forever."
"Sorry" said the genie, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that!"
"Fine," the guy said, "I want to die after the Cleveland Browns win the Super Bowl!"
"You crafty bastard," said the genie.
* It turns out that there's a facebook page after my own heart, "The Cleveland Browns Need Cheerleaders" page. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Cleveland-Browns-Need-Cheerleaders/356269152164
I can't argue with that!
* I think the Browns win beat Baltimore tomorrow, but then I thought LeBron would stay with the Cavs so what the hell do I know? I do know that I'm pretty impressed with Serena here of the Ravens cheerleaders. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Cheerleaders/Women/Serena_B.aspx