Vince Lombardi once said that if you can’t get one yard in a game, you don’t deserve to win – he was right, but that doesn’t mean that the New York “football” Giants have to literally hand the freaking game over to the Dallas Cowpatties and give the conspiracy theorists another crumb.
If I’m a member of the New York Giant defense, I’m not getting loud in the media, but I’m fucking pissed and in the locker room and at practice, I’m letting “General Tom” know it!!!
I don’t ordinarily get worked up about a football game between two teams that I absolutely HATE, but after I watched the Sunday Night Football game, I’m taking Sully’s baby and running with it – could there be any other Tool of the Week than Eli Manning, Tom Coughlin and his coaching staff? And no Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning, this doesn’t go away since you “manned up” and put it on yourselves. How fucking stupid are you? Two time Super Bowl winners and you make decisions like what you did last night?
For those who didn’t see the game, let me set the stage:
4th Quarter. NYG has the ball 3rd and goal from at the Dallas one, 1:30 left and Dallas has zero time outs. For most of this nearly 80 yard drive they ran the ball successfully. So what do the Giants do?
- That’s right, exactly what we all come to expect – Eli Manning rolls right, can’t find a receiver, so he throws it out of bounds, stopping the clock and giving Dallas a free 40 seconds.
- NYG kicks a field goal to go up six and still 1:30 left. OK I guess, though if they run the ball one of two things happen, they get a touchdown and the game is over, or they don’t and it’s Dallas ball at their own one or two yard line.
- Rather than kick the fucking ball out of the end zone and forcing Dallas to start at the 20, these einsteins decide to squib the kick and keep it in play – Dallas starts at their own 30 or so.
- Then what do you think happens? That’s right, the Giants slip into the “Prevent” defense, so in the span of three plays and one minute, Dallas goes inside of the NYG 20.
- Then on the next play, the d-backs are playing TEN yards off the line of scrimmage giving Williams an out route for another eight yards or so, stopping the clock again.
- Then, somehow JASON WITTEN (of all fucking people) is standing at the goal line uncovered for the easy touchdown.
Game over, Dallas wins, everybody drive home safe and stop by the BBQ shack and have some Brisket courtesy of Uncle B.O.B.. At least Big Blue fan are laying low rather than their loud mouth brothers known as the Jets (err, props).
Oh, and just so we’re clear, the Dallas drive was completed without the participation/services of media darling Dez Bryant – who by the way acted a fool in the tunnel after the game and gets “Dishonorable mention” for Tool of the Week. Pretty active for a guy with a broken foot!
How many times of the past let’s say 40 years has a prevent defense prevented a win? How the fuck hard is it for coaches to understand what got them the lead in the first place and to just play that way? Why in the world do you find it necessary to run a prevent defense with 1:30 left against a Dallas defense that just touched you up for an 80 yard TD drive that went 2:30 earlier in the quarter?
How the fuck hard is it to adjust your defense when you’re struggling? Hey Giants, maybe mix in a blitz or something? I simply don’t get it – how bad are these coaches and coordinators? I mean seriously, how is it that just a select few get it and can manage to do the right thing?
I’m tired of being nice and sanitizing my posts – this one is a lay-up: Tom Coughlin or at the very least his Offensive Coordinator should be FIRED for that debacle last night. That so-called offense stunk up the joint last night pretty much the whole game.
Hey Eli, way to earn your new contract. Enjoy last place you jerk-offs. Yeah, I said last place because with that performance last night, even the Washington Redskins (yeah, I said Redskins) will beat you.