I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment I could be you
Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
You’d know what a drag it is to see you
Bob Dylan, from Positively 4th Street best describes my thoughts about all of the candidates for the presidency.
so I’ve decided to go music today!
I was looking threw some of my old classic vinyl albums this past weekend and it got me to thinking about how many records (whatever the form) have been bought over the generations since my youth. I’ve been listening to music since the fifty’s…
my Dad was a Mario Lanza fan
and Mom…well she liked the crooners like Perry Como
and Frank Sinatra.
My older sister was an Elvis and the Everly Brothers fan and my older brother was into Eric Burden and the Animals and the Beach Boys and more top 40’s stuff…
I was the Jazz & Blues/rocker in the family with a great interest in John Coltrane Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Muddy Waters,
BB King, Albert King and John Lee Hookerto name a few.
After some research I came up with the top 25 top sellers of all time as of this month.
My man Bob Dylan didn’t even make the top 35…counting down from 25 to number 1, here they are.
Before you skip ahead, think about it first, who do figure are the top 10…
see how close you are…I know there will be some surprises for each of you.
The numbers are total record sales, not money. These are industry certified sales, not rumors or sales projections or guesses by the artists and their promoters.
25. Adele 87 million
24. Metallica- 90 million
23. Aerosmith- 92 millionmaybe once
22. Lady Gaga – 95 million
Any surprises yet? any here that you didn’t think of?
21. AC DC – 110 million
20. Bruce Springsteen- 111 millionI have bought some of his music.
19. Billy Joel- 112 millionand his too.
18. Queen- 113 million
17. U 2 – 115 million
Some heavy hitters there, who could be ahead of them?
16. Whitney Houston – 115 million.
15. The Rolling Stones – 115 million I have to admit that I’ve spent money on the Stones.
14. Rihanna – 115 million
13. Eminem – 115 million
12. Pink Floyd – 117 million I’ve spent cash on Pink Floyd…
11. Celine Dion – 125 million
There was a couple of those I never would have given a thought too…number 14 & 13 would never have come to mind as big sellers but those are the facts!
Top ten countdown may still have some you didn’t expect
10. Mariah Carey- 131 million
9. The Eagles – 135 million Yes, the Eagles too.
8. Led Zeppelin – 140 millionand these guys
7. Taylor Swift – 144 million
6. Garth Brooks – 145 million
and now the final countdown……..
5. Elton John – 162 million
4. Madonna – 166 million
3. Michael Jackson – 175 million
At this point I knew there were no more surprises because who else could it be at the number one and two spots…
2. Elvis Presley – 210 million maybe a Christmas album
and number one
The Beatles – 268 millionand yes, I’m a part of the 268,000,000
Hope you enjoyed the change of pace from the usual to the unusual and thanks for your visit and comments.