And now the other shoe has dropped. Philly swings the trade with Cleveland. So let’s take a look:
Philly gets the #2 pick and a fourth-rounder in 2017.
- I can’t imagine Philly fan being happy with the Eagles moving all the way up to #2 in order to draft a 3rd string QB.
- So Philly is now going to take the QB that the Rams don’t? I’m not buying it. True you can’t trust Sam Bradford to remain healthy, and Chase Daniel is an unknown, but how does it benefit the Eagles to draft a QB?
- That smarmy dude repping Philly at the news conference isn’t as smart as he thinks. He gave up four big picks in order to gamble? BULLSHIT! He’s gonna run around and say he absolutely knows that the player they want is gonna be there? BULLSHIT – Unless LA told them who they’re taking, he doesn’t know – UNLESS they are NOT drafting a QB. I think that dude thinks he’s playing the talking heads.
Cleveland gets the #8 pick, and Philly’s third rounder (#77) and Fourth rounder (#100) in this draft PLUS Philly’s 2017 First-Round pick, AND Philly’s 2018 Second-Round Pick.
- You gotta believe the fans in the Factory of Sadness may actually hit the streets singing “Cleveland Rocks” after this one.
- Trading back made sense, but can Cleveland be smart and not gamble on the #8 pick?
- So many say this is a deep draft, it’s gonna require smarts, can Cleveland be trusted?
Conclusion on this trade. This trade makes sense for Cleveland and for once I believe they did well. They should get that “impact” player at #8, and adding a third and fourth rounder in this deep draft makes absolute sense.
As for what Philly is up to? I’m not buying the hype. You just don’t trade up to #2 overall to draft a third stringer who won’t play for two years and it certainly doesn’t pass the smell test. I gotta believe Philly is jerking with the talking heads and they don’t necessarily draft a QB.
The rest of the Top 10. So what about the rest of the top ten now?
- San Diego at #3 is now on the clock and in one hell of a sweet position here.Philip Rivers isn’t getting any younger, so if the Eagles are bullshitting, they have access to the QB not drafted and Wentz might be a BIG hit in QB happy San Diego.
My guess is that all the calls now shift down to the 619, and maybe yet again, trading down isn’t such a bad idea here. Does Miami make the call to move up to here especially since Dallas is making noise about drafting Ezekiel Elliott?
Assuming everybody buys off on Philly’s claim they’re taking a QB, does San Diego take Ramsey? Or do they pick up that big O-Lineman Tunstil to help protect Rivers?
- Dallas at #4. Assuming Dallas uses common sense here, you have to believe that they draft either Elliott or Joey Bosa? But then again we are talking about Jerry Jones here.
- Jacksonville at #5. Now that Philly moved up, this only helps Jax, and if Dallas goes with Elliott, Jax gets a choice between Bosa or Ramsey? Party time in North Florida!!!
- Baltimore at #6. Does the big name O-Lineman fall to Baltimore? They’ll be watching what San Diego does.
- San Francisco at #7. Buckle up remaining 49er fans, they’ll do something stupid, but on the off-chance they don’t, watch for a trade here – because I suspect they are gonna get lots of calls. Miami or the Jets maybe?
- Cleveland at #8. Great trade, but now they’re stuck wondering what the idiots in SF are gonna do.