Let me be the the smart ass here – hey Boston, NORCAL is coming for your “Best Sports Location” hype. Golden State, San Jose, SF Giants, and an up and coming Raiders. Watch out…
NBA Finals. Somewhere David Blatt is laughing his ass off.
You know, I honestly thought Cleveland was not only going to be competitive with Golden State, I thought they were gonna beat them in Six. Stupid I know, but I was looking at matchups and one that Cleveland could have exploited had they watched the freaking tape of OKC. I honestly believed that they could have taken one out in Oakland. Is it over? Hell no, Golden State still needs to win two more, but from what I’ve seen so far, this series may not make it past next weekend.
But I have a question – why is it nearly 25 years after his retirement that Magic Johnson’s words are taken so seriously? Why in the world does everybody in the media feel the need to report his shit? He’s a great businessman now – that’s where I would listen to him, certainly not in an NBA that has passed him by.
Apparently, Tragic says that Cleveland knows Golden State is better – here’s a news flash for all of you – NO FREAKING SHIT!!! Who doesn’t believe that Golden State is better than Cleveland? I picked Cleveland based on a matchup I thought they could take advantage of, but even I know that Golden State is better. The difference was that I thought that Golden State’s ego was starting to get to them and that they may have felt that all they needed to do was flip a switch.
It’s OK to know that your opponent is better, it’s called a healthy respect, but it doesn’t mean that they are throwing in the towel and for Tragic the Myopian to insinuate that is fucked up.
Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the better team…
Stanley Cup. Tonight’s the night – Game 4. The Sharks need to remain in attack mode like they were most of Game 3, but they need to be a bit more cautious in the sense that they were open to Pittsburgh counters and gave up some serious what I call turnovers – that’s bad juju against Cindy and the Divers. The Sharks can’t count on Jones to stand on his head yet again, they have to play aggressive, but under control. Pittsburgh will pounce on mistakes…
MLB. As a fan I didn’t have a good day yesterday, though the Stankees did lose.
- The schedule makers did the Giants no favors as they had a weekend set in St. Louis while the botox freaks (LAD) got a free pass at home against Atlanta.
- The pitcher in Toronto (Estrada) took a no-hit bid deep for the third time in a year. Why is this dude getting no love?
- Fernandez down in Miami struck out 14 Big Sewer rats in rout to a 1-0 win over the Rotten Apple.
- Hey Minnesota, it’s June – feel free to show up to play ball. I’m not gonna call for Molitor’s head, but what the hell?
- Wait, did Cleveland break out the brooms on Kansas City? Just as I was saying KC woke up. Damn I’m bad karma.
NFL. OK, it’s now officially “silly season” for the NFL. Just get a load of this sample:
- Aqib Talib gets shot in a nightclub fight in Dallas. What is it with pro players that they never learn that hanging in clubs isn’t necessarily a good idea, particularly if you are a high profile player?
- Chip Kelly, being the Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers reported said that Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert, his two Quarterbacks have “similar” skills. Uh, I don’t know if you know this Chip, BUT YOUR FREAKING WRONG!!! Stop playing both against each other and try to build something with Kaepernick. He’s got all the tools, he just needs to learn things like touch. But then again if you don’t have an offensive line, does your QB really matter?
- Raider Owner Mark Davis is doubling down on his comments about being serious about moving the Raiders to Las Vegas. The NFL has got to get a handle on this dumb ass – who is nowhere near what his old man was. I get that’s where the money is, but it’s still a gambling capital. How do you work around gambling if you’re a pro sports league? What fan with half a brain would think the NFL is on the up and up if a team is sitting in Vega$? That shit is a conspiracy theorists wet dream.
- Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick are still doing their dance. Yawn.
- The NFL moved the Pro Bowl to Orlando. Not sure how I feel about this one, but it seems to make sense. You still won’t get players to play hard, but going to the theme park complex isn’t a bad thing. Just remember that Orlando is getting expensive.