Rain drops keep falling on my head. Hey there and welcome Gabbers and others to my NASCAR Updates & Other Fast Stuff. I’m a tad bit late but here we go. Rain postponed the Bristol race last night but they waited till late to say so. In my opinion the race never should’ve started. They got 28 laps in of green flag racing and the red flag came out for rain. STUPID!!!!!
Any way, not a whole lot of news this week due to the off week. Drivers were on vacation. Landon Cassill and Trevor Bayne were in Dublin Ireland for an Ironman. Cassill finished 216th overall and Bayne finished 479th overall.
Dale Jr continued with rehab. Doctors recommended basketball and going to the grocery store. Dale Jr went and posted a video of himself at the store. Just wondering how many people recognized him and wondered if he was ok.
Also during this past week Hendrick signed on an up and comer. The 18 year old William Byron will be racing in the Xfinity Series for JR Motorsports in 2017. Hendrick said that signing Byron was not because Dale Jr has been out with concussion symptoms but because you need somebody in the pipeline should something come up. He said that Jimmie Johnson’s contract is up at the end of 2017 and plans to retire.
William Byron has won 5 truck races this season. He’s also #1 in the points standings while driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports. Way to swoop in Mr Hendrick.
Jeff Gordon says he’s not available to drive Dale Jr’s car at Michigan because of a prior commitment. Alex Bowman will be called apon if Dale Jr isn’t ready.
So that brings us to the Bristol race which I’m betting won’t happen till closer to 5pm. There’s 80% chance of rain this afternoon with 20% chance in the evening. Looking at the weather map last night they should’ve known they weren’t getting that race in. So now over 40 laps are in the books and over half were yellow flag laps. I feel ripped off as a fan.
The 28 laps I did see were exciting. The track was changing so much positions were changing just as fast. Drivers were searching the track from top to bottom for that perfect line.
If they do get to racing I’m sure there will be electrical issues due to the rains pouring down on the cars as they drove around under yellow. There are no side windows in these cars.
The top 15 as of lap 49 ; Ky Bu – Elliott – Blaney – Hamlin – Kenseth – Truex – Edwards – Gordon – Logano – Allmendinger – Keselowski – Larson – Dillon – Newman – Kahne
I’m not sure if I’ll be watching the race due to my most handsome son taking me out for a birthday lunch. It’s actually raining at my house. Also in Brazil. Hope your day is bright where ever you are.
Take care all
And I’m outta here =^!^=