Football season is here, so let’s kick start some stuff:
Hall of Fame Weekend.
- It was solid but the shine came off Sunday Night when they couldn’t play that HOF Game between Green Bay and Indy. While the players were happy, there were a lot of fans who went to Canton to see a game. Not only that, tons of fans who were gathering around their TV jonesing for a game (even an absolutely meaningless game) didn’t get one. That sucked. Why were they painting logos on the field AFTER the NFL and players cleared the field to play?
- I say it all the time, why does Brett Favre take all the air out of the room? Yes, he was a quality player, and yes he loved the game, but so did all the other enshrinees including the late Ken Stabler who was Brett Favre two decades before Favre came along. They didn’t get their due this weekend and that’s on the media. Ken Stabler should have got more attention and I’m disappointed he didn’t.
- There is a huge remodel of the Hall of Fame Complex in Canton. Some have said it’s a lot of money and a five year project, and that’s what I was told by a tour guide. As you know I was in Canton last year, but when I saw the stadium Sunday Night, it is already looking much more different then when I was there with actual seats instead of aluminum benches, and the North end stands lowered. I didn’t see the ole scoreboard, and it looks like the end zone seating was raised with additional seating.
- RG3 was named the starter in Cleveland. Yawn. When you have Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinnati in your division…does it really matter?
- Julian Edelman went off the practice field early today. Uh, not good for the Pats.
- Joey Bosa just became my least favorite rookie in the NFL. He needs to get into camp, but this won’t help him when he finally gets there after a contract thing – his Mom decided she wanted some spotlight saying that she wished that Joey could have “pulled an Eli” in reference to Eli Manning pulling stunts to get out of San Diego. Enjoy your rookie year Joey – I hope the vets take good care of you. Maybe they’ll have milk and cookies for you or maybe they’ll tuck you in when you go out on the road. Uh, probably not…Memo to Joey, you’re going to be playing in the AFC West, a strong division except for your team – have fun trying to make a name for yourself against Denver, KC, and Oakland…
- Denver’s favorite gangsta (ALLEGED) Aqib Talib was back in camp after recovering from a gunshot wound to his leg this off-season.
- Forget Talib, the bigger thing coming out of Denver is that Mark “butt fumble” Sanchez can’t wrest the starting job away from a 3rd string QB Siemian who has no experience on an NFL field. I’m still wondering why Elway would go and sign Sanchez.
- Yo Minny O-Lineman Alex Boone, what is your problem? You’re beefing with your former Ohio State teammate Terelle Pryor whose a 4th string WR in Cleveland? Try something new Alex, like focusing on your play and not on creating news for yourself. Mike Zimmer needs to put a muzzle on you.
- Word out of Miami is that Coach Gase wasn’t pleased with his offense on Saturday who could only get one first down on eight possessions during a team scrimmage? Miami’s D-Line apparently was manhandling the O-Line, and that ain’t good.
- Buffalo is already a MASH unit?
- Our man Scott down in ole Jax has to be happy with the reports coming out that Dante Fowler is going freaking crazy down there dominating practices. That’s a good sign.
- If you have Pittsburgh on your schedule and you are a defensive coordinator, you’re crying in your soup. This could be a record-setting offense this season. And they still have two of their stars out on suspension…