Welcome to June, where the focus of the sports calendar turns from Hockey and Basketball to Baseball, NASCAR, and Golf.
NBA. Quite frankly, I don’t give a damn about the Finals, but isn’t it interesting that after Golden State’s blowout win, the talking heads are already crowning Golden State the champs? Didn’t these same smarmy obnoxious a-holes do the exact same thing last year when Golden State was up 3-1? I think I’ll wait.
Where I actually have an interest is in the weeks after the Finals end when the draft happens followed immediately by Free Agency. I’m curious to see if some franchises can at least close the gap on Cleveland and Golden State, or do other big name FA’s go to Cleveland? Watch for trades on draft night.
Rumors are that those sniveling, whiny Clippers are going after Jerry West to come be a part of them. Interesting considering those rumors that Chris Paul may actually be interested in San Antonio…
NHL. Now we get to the finals that folks should be interested in – an exciting playoff season with tons of OT’s and now we have the decided underdog, Nashville, at least for one game at home giving Pittsburgh a fight, and it was fun. And the fans weren’t fake like in the NBA, these guys were loud and proud.
MLB. I’d be lying if I said I’ve paid much attention, but MLB is doing real well, but I fear they may go back to their old ways and that could be a problem.
- The Good.
- Congratulations to Albert Pujols for hitting his 600th HR last night.
- Houston is winning 70% of their games and have a 10 game lead in the AL West?
- Aaron Judge hails from the next town over from me (that’s no BS!) and I saw him play against my son as a High Schooler (Football and Basketball) – he was amazing back then, but this kid is something else.
- The Bad.
- Boston and the Stankees leading the AL East will lead to a focus away from the entire MLB and back to those two.
- The AL Central and NL Central – both playing at .500 or less into June. And that includes Chicago Cubs and Cleveland.
- The Ugly.
- Minnesota’s pitching. When the hell are they gonna do something about it?
- Mike Trout’s thumb.
- The San Francisco Giants – what the hell is up with them?
- The You Gotta be Shitting Me.
- Mr. Met getting fired for flipping off a troll of a fan. If he gets fired, should fans be sent out for obnoxiousness? But then again if that were the case, the seats in NYC would be empty.
Lastly, I had the opportunity to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame while I was in NYC. It was a cool experience and Cooperstown is a beautiful town.
After I left the Hall, I stumbled into Doubleday Field, and as I walked in, I noticed there was a game being played and it turned out to be the Wounded Warriors taking on Cooperstown’s Finest.
Football. I can’t believe that the CFL is already into their pre-season. Jeez, we’re just six or seven weeks away from NFL camps opening…
- I want to know what Kansas City is going to do about a passing game.
- I want to see how Oakland fans handle the Raiders move.
- Will Kaepernick get a gig in the NFL or will he have to wait a year or two?
Well, we’re almost half way through the year and I can’t believe it.