Like I’ve been preaching about, how the hell are we discussing the NBA Summer League more than MLB just days before the All-Star break?
MLB Non-all star thoughts.
- Let’s hope that Terry Francona is OK. I guess he had some sort of medical issue. Cleveland needs their skip.
- I’m wrecking my brain trying to figure out the surprise of MLB in the first half and then I saw Milwaukee nine games over .500 and holding a 4.5 games lead over Chicago in the NL Central. I sure hope they can keep this pace up and at least give Chicago some reason to work going into August.
- You want to know what is good for MLB? That’s right Bartolo Colon. And heeee’s back! Just signed a minor league deal with Minny. Colon is what’s right about Baseball – he’s just a guy – a fat, probably 50 year old guy – whose out there chasing, and why not? Every time I see him he puts smiles on faces from his teammates to the media covering him.
- Minnesota’s CF Byron Buxton is fast. Last night he got from 1st to Home Plate in 9 seconds.
- Hey San Francisco Giants, I get its an odd-numbered year, but to be this bad? WTF?
- Hey Kansas City Royals, how ’bout doing some damage to some Dodgers out there?
MLB All-Star Week is here, and with it, I have some thoughts.
- There seems to be some fan bashing in LA, and while that almost never sucks, for the LA Dodgers players to call their fans out for not voting in the all-star voting? Really?
- Speaking of LA, there’s this pitcher who was 10-0 and didn’t make the all-star team right away, he had to be brought in as a replacement for injury?
- And what’s with MLB skips pitching their all-stars on Sunday Night before the all-star festivities?
- And while I’m on the subject of MLB all-star week – hey Miami, feel free to support the festivities – you front running bandwagons.
- Speaking of Miami, you really gonna trade your one asset – Giancarlo Stanton? Here’s the deal Miami, you have to spend to make. I get that it’s “Miami” and that there’s all kinds of stuff to do, but damn fellas, you’ve got such a big baseball loving latin community and you can’t draw folks into your games in that beautiful stadium? Get your asses out there and put butts in the seats. Or do you need to move from MLB to the Caribbean League?
- Home Run Derby lost its luster long ago, but you know how to fix it? Next year bring in somebody like Madison Bumgarner.
Commissioner Manfred is supposed to have a “town hall meeting” during the festivities and if I was a reporter or a person granted a question, I’d ask two things:
- “Commish, isn’t it about time Oakland gets something done on a new home? It’s only been decades.”
- “Commish, what the hell are you going to do about the ownership in Miami?” How can this franchise have such issues with such potential baseball fans out there? Please explain this to me because there’s no reason why Miami shouldn’t be doing better in attendance and performance.”
NBA Summer League. It’s intriguing, but nothing more. I like what I see out of the Kings rookies, but it is what it is…one game, and yet the focus isn’t even on the players on the court…at least not with ESPN’s coverage.
Dear ESPN, you can’t spend the majority of your time focused on Lavar Ball and then seconds later bitch about the coverage of him. Come on now…