Peyton Manning “disses” KD about team hopping. Interesting. Wasn’t Peyton the guy who moved to Denver from Indy to get a Super Bowl ring? Just a thought…
Sammy Sosa. Speaking of talking trash, I’m hearing a lot of folks run smack on Sammy Sosa and his appearance. Who the hell are these people to talk trash about how somebody looks? I’m sick to death of these cliques who feel they can shame anybody whose appearance isn’t up to the standards that THEY set? Eff off. I’m gonna have a blog on cliques soon.
MLB. A few thoughts.
- Boston designating Pablo Sandoval for assignment? Wow, color me shocked. Hey Boston, I warned you.
- Oh by the way Boston, tell David Price to nut up. Jesus – it’s freaking July – how the hell can a mega-starting pitcher not be in a “right frame of mind” (ALLEGEDLY)? If I was a Sawx fan, I’d be pissed that my Ace can’t handle the pressure.
- Oakland and San Francisco are going to be sellers this July, but they’d better get back a decent haul for Yonder Alonso (Stankees?) and particularly Sonny Gray (Houston?), and lord knows what’s going on in SF. Had Brian Sabean still been the GM, the poor performance this year wouldn’t have been tolerated for so long. The Giants need to take a hard look at their GM as they have gone 64-98 since last all-star break.
- Miami’s loser owner is finally going to sell the team? THANK GOD! I will have a whole blog on what I think the Marlins should do once I know who the owners are, but I can assure you that current owner has alienated so many fans that they have a lot of work to do.
- There’s some loose talk (probably some media trash) that is pushing for Giancarlo Stanton to be traded, and just because it may take that for somebody to finalize the deal to buy the team – that don’t make it right. Keep him there and build around him.
- Hey Cleveland, what the hell are you doing? I get that you’re just taking it easy for the second half, but giving hope to an underdog usually ain’t smart. Wake up, start mashing and get the pitchers in gear.
NBA Time outs. One of the many things that the NBA receives criticism for is this non-stop time out fest throughout the game, but even worse at the end. Apparently they made the decision to cut from the ridiculous 18 time outs to just 14, and that each team will only have two time outs in the last few minutes of the game. That will help, but there is still way too many time outs.
Carmelo Anthony to Houston to play with James Harden and Chris Paul. It makes sense as Anthony doesn’t like to play defense, neither does Houston. But, sharing the rock and shots??? Good luck with that.
Golf. This is the weekend for the Celebrity Pro-Am in Lake Tahoe. It’s gonna be packed. And while the temps up there will be much cooler than this blast furnace, I think I’ll stay home.
Wimbledon. Last time I wrote, I was all gushy about Venus Williams who apparently is now in the women’s final, but today I noticed that ole man Roger Federer is back in the spotlight as a semi-finalist. Simply amazing.
Mayweather/McGregor? Yawn, I’d rather watch Rocky 8 than that circus type shit. Oh, and if you pay the freight for that PPV, you are the type of person who loves to get robbed. Just give me your $49.99 because I can put it to much better use like to veterans causes.
“Sources.” Is anybody else tired of the term “sources tell me…”? Can we just knock that off because 90% of the time, you alleged “journalists” are wrong.
President Jimmy Carter. I read last night that he was hospitalized for dehydration while working on building homes w/habitat for humanity. Yeah, he’s 92 and still swinging a hammer. Dude is amazing. I didn’t necessarily agree with his political philosophies, but I do believe that what he as a man has done was incredible. He stuck to his principles and has taken care of so many people. Good for him – the world would be better off with more like him.