Some random thoughts:
- I hear the term “racism” thrown about way too much. Today at a local retailer, it was leveled against an employee and the store because somebody couldn’t get beer like they wanted, oh and the cursing was a nice touch – so classy. Maybe the issue is your immaturity and entitlement – perhaps it was because of how you were acting rather than your heritage that made a retailer decide they wouldn’t go that extra mile for you. Oh yeah, they drove off in a Mercedes Benz with a boat in tow.
There’s no doubt that racism still exists on some level, but to act like this because you couldn’t get beer?
- Baseball to me has made a tremendous comeback, but why? Well one reason to me is that it just keeps on keeping on – it isn’t nearly as “media-ized” as the other sports. It’s a game, not an event, and that is something that as I get older I tend to enjoy more.
- Chad Ford has left ESPN. For those of you who don’t know, he was the ESPN Insider – you know the guy who gave you a tease, but in order to read the rest, you had to pay. Oh by the way, he had a rep for being wrong a lot. I’m sure a nice guy, but folks aren’t going to pay for that stuff.
- NBA Free Agency is insane. It’s also full of shit. Y’all can go ahead and try to build your super teams, but if you aren’t willing to be a part of a TEAM (caps included for emphasis), Golden State is still gonna whoop your ass. Yeah teams interested in Carmelo, that warning is for you.
Meanwhile, quite a bit of the NBA still suffers from poor management and weak ownership.
- Watching Joe Thornton sign his new contact with San Jose on his riding lawnmower did not suck. Hockey player rules!
- Boxing? Yeah, it’s still a joke. I actually heard a talking head talk about how judging Boxing is “subjective” and that people should give it a chance. Piss off. I had a choice between watching PacMan fight or watching the CFL. Yeah, read on for what I chose.
- My July guilty pleasures? Yeah, Canadian Football and the Tour de France.
- There is no more supportive fan in sports than Saskatchewan Roughrider fan. Those folks deserve absolute respect – in my mind they are the best fans ever.
- I caught a game between Sasky and Winnipeg last night and it was a great game with a wide open offense, and defense when it was needed. It went into overtime with Winnipeg spoiling the new stadium debut in Sasky.
- Speaking of the TDF, dude wiping out at 30-50 MPH on a wet road and shattering his shin on a steel barrier? Yeah, he’s an athlete.
- I just found something called the Department of Defense Warrior Games and it’s being held June 30th to July 8th in Chicago. I hope I can find some video to share because watching these warriors whose lives were so brutally changed is something to behold.
- Gonna go to Portland, Oregon on a Saturday in September. Anybody ever been? Where do you recommend to visit/stay/eat for a quick weekend trip?
- Enjoy your 4th of July, but take a minute and think about how this holiday came into being and how this county can be better.