Haven’t done a set of tantrums in awhile and I’m a bit out of practice, but let’s get to it:
- Sully’s out sipping on an umbrella drink somewhere in the Caribbean. And yeah, I’m freaking jealous. Enjoy it my man!
- Well since it’s mid-Summer, I guess we can’t have a baseball discussion without talking about Stephen Strasburg being injured. Boy, didn’t we spend a whole lotta time on the greatness of this kid back in the day?
- Speaking of Pitcher injuries, Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers is now down due to a lower back strain. Timetable for return is TBD, but the Dodgers had better hope he gets back with a quickness. Ummm…Detroit Tigers, it’s the Dodgers on Line 1, Kate Upton on Line 2 – something about having Justin Verlander come to the dirty water thieves.
- Dear NCAA Football programs, you want to mess around in middle schools? That ain’t funny, it’s actually kinda creepy and if I as a father had one of you sniffing around my 8th grader, not only would you be gone, I would have a restraining order on you, your coaches, and your school – and if I had my way, my kid wouldn’t be speaking to you – EVER!!!
- Speaking of NCAA Football, time to blast off on ESPN (AGAIN!!!) – hey ESPN, there is more than the SEC – honest, and it actually isn’t terrible either. Get out from your bubble and go see other places.
- Dear non-power five D1 conferences: Pull youselves up, make yourselves your own division, and have your own National Championship. Force the issue.
- I love the NFL Network, but their morning show is a bunch of buffoons, especially those two white guys. Holy shit they’re horrible. I gave it a shot, I really did, but oh my God that is unwatchable…
- So today begins the focus on the NFL, right? So of course it has to be wall to wall Dallas Cowboys talk, both on the NFL Network and ESPN. Y’all just don’t get it. I really hope this crap serves to motivate New York, Philly, and Washington.
- Hey Dallas Cowboy fan, let’s put the mutual hate away for a moment – aren’t you tired of the constant soap opera bullshit from your players and ignorant ass owner? Investigations, suspensions, arrests, late for camp, you name it. Well, if you are, why aren’t you putting King Jerrah on blast? But then again, maybe you do enjoy this Kar-trash-ian type shit. Oh, and nice touch cutting Lucky Whitehead but doing nothing about Ezekiel Elliott…
- Dear Martavis Bryant, you really gonna rant on and publicly call for a face-to-face with Ben Roethlisberger because he complained about you putting yourself in a position to get suspended for a year because you partook in the herbage? Get real dude, YOU fucked up – and you deserved the heat – you let your team down, don’t get all indignant because Big Ben publicly lit you up.
- But before I depart the NBA, let me say this: “Well no shit Stephen A. Smith. Of course LBJ and his crew had something to do with leaking the Kyrie trade request.” That ain’t no hot take. Oh, and nice touch LeBron bringing in Derek Rose in Cleveland – that’ll make Irving want to stay – NOT!!!
- Finally this – a local talking head has what I consider a VERY good piece on bloggers who masquerade as journalists and throw shit against a wall to see what sticks in order to get hits. I highly recommend this read (click here). Personally, I find these “journalists” to be a joke.
Got anything you want to get off your chest this Tuesday?