Welcome to Hump Day and now we begin the final countdown to the NFL’s opening week and the big boys of College Football starting:
- Cleveland cut Joe Haden and it makes sense. They are building for the future, so they want to get their younger players some time while lowering the cap even further. Could we be looking at CLEVELAND being a free agent destination in March 2018?
- And what about Haden? Does somebody take a flyer on him?
- So Cleveland cuts Haden, and now word is that the New York Props could consider trading Mario Andretti (err, Sheldon Richardson) to further their rebuild. I also heard on PFT this morning that the Props are looking at what to do with RB Matt Forte.
- A game that I’m going to be watching tomorrow that you would expect but for different reasons is Miami at Minnesota. Two teams full of hype and woefully underperforming in the pre-season. I sure hope one or both of these teams shows their fans something.
- Memo to Jerry Jones – when it comes to the Ezekiel Elliott situation and appeal – just shut the fuck up. Dude you are making not only yourself look bad, but you are putting extra pressure on the NFL, who is keenly aware of the amount of folks watching to see how the NFL holds this clown accountable for his disturbing (ALLEGED) actions.
- You know who was the biggest watcher of the Matt Stafford mega-deal? Yep, Kirk Cousins. OK Washington, shit or get off the pot. Meanwhile San Francisco is sitting out ther…lurking…
- I’m a bit confused by the Pittsburgh trade with San Francisco for TE Vance McDonald. I’ve never really been impressed by McDonald, and don’t the Steelers already have a quality TE?
- Dear Texas Rangers, Just like Joel Osteen, you are screwing up. Fellas, some things are more important than a four city roadie in September. Yes, I grant you that it’s an issue and an inconvenience for you, but think about what you are saying and doing – what the folks in Houston are going through is a lot more serious.
- Giancarlo Stanton is up to #51, and yes you should be interested. Baseball needs a headline and with no real races then, this is something all-time that should be discussed.
- But of course, as a father I am so freaking excited for my son’s debut at the Division 1 (FCS, non-power five) coaching level when his team rolls into San Diego to take on San Diego State. Will he be awed by the presence of such a big stadium? What kind of feeling will he have? Good luck to him and his Aggies…
Stay strong today folks, we’re on the downward slope to a holiday weekend…