I really didn’t want to talk about the NBA, but because it’s LeBron James world and we all live in it, so I guess we have to.
A funny thing happened on the way of LBJ’s desire to obliterate the Cavalier franchise on the way out the door to LA – Boston stepped in and threw the new GM a lifeline by trading for Kyrie Irving and giving back Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, a Euro Stiff named Zizic, and one of the Nets remaining first round picks.
So, how does it look for both teams?
- Cleveland. They had to do this trade, and quite frankly they weren’t going to get more from any other team, do they did good. Thomas is solid offensively and Cleveland will fall in love with him, but defensively he’s a liability – one which Cleveland can cover. Crowder helps, and that pick is bound to be huge to keep Cleveland relevant down the line.
Meanwhile as talking head wonders, how does it affect LeBron? Well, you could ask LBJs butt boy Windhorst, but he’s busy washing LBJ’s car, so allow me. I think Cleveland did the right thing because the fact is James is leaving (if you want a tampering charge, look no further than everybody who is trying to get him to the Lakers) and Cleveland is taking a major step towards making the team competitive post-LBJ.
- Boston. It’s certainly a gamble because Boston wasn’t on Irving’s wish list. Irving is a proven offensive threat, but defensively what have they gained? He also isn’t exactly the picture of health at times.
Irving gets what he wants, out of Cleveland with the added bonus of being a key piece of what I believe is a potentially stronger Boston team going forward.
But the big question is does it help push Boston ahead of Cleveland in the East in 2018 and the answer is an easy no with the added issue of Skip Bayless saying Boston is going to win the East next year. Boston benefits down the line, but in the immediate, Cleveland gets STRONGER.
It’s days like this where I wish my man Beeze was back in here giving us a rant, and Jeff would provide a cool, level-headed take, but alas it’s up to me. Today’s sign that the apocalypse is upon us:
ESPN. Because of the fake news epidemic out there, I seriously don’t believe this: Did ESPN really pull (err, reassign) a free-lance announcer named Robert Lee from calling a College Football game in Charlottesville based on safety concerns for him? Safety concerns stemming from the fact that said announcer has the same name as a confederate general from over 150 years ago? Mr. Lee the broadcaster (so nobody gets confused with a corpse) was reassigned to the Youngstown State/Pittsburgh game.
Let me repeat this because I just can’t wrap my head around this stupidity: ESPN feels the heat enough to reassign one of their workers because a guy who shares the same name as another dude who died in 1870? They fear it might be a “trigger” to problem for said employee?
OK, let me be the “adult” in the room because clearly our country is being run by a bunch of terrible two toddlers who can’t think or provide a rational, well thought out solution to a bunch of potential two year olds who are having a temper tantrum: If the concerns are that great, add security and get the fucking FBI involved to investigate any concerns – but DON’T give in to fear or potential fear.
Holy shit, I seriously can’t believe this.
- IF THIS IS TRUE…ESPN needs to show us where the threat is. Not a “trigger” where is the legitimate threat. Who made it and have you contacted law enforcement? What makes ESPN think Mr. Lee is any safer in Pittsburgh? Hell, those crazies – if their that fired up – could just as easily drive to Pittsburgh.
- IF THIS IS TRUE…Uh, I think the FBI might want to get involved and find a way to protect all the Robert Lee’s in America. Why should this dude be the only Robert Lee under protection? I mean, if he’s under threat, whose next? What about every Jeff Davis out there? How ’bout the John Jackson’s?
- IF THIS IS TRUE…What have we as a society become? I’ll tell you what we are – pussies – we’ve let the inmates run the asylum, meanwhile our leadership does nothing. If you want me to believe that you “Social Justice Warriors” are serious about working together to fix our problems, well, you just lost any remaining credibility you might have had with this laughable garbage.
- IF THIS IS TRUE…is there any remaining wonder why ESPN is tanking? Who the fuck is threatening Mr. Lee to the point where ESPN is concerned? I mean a big business like this with all the resources in the world has to believe there’s a threat right? Why is a conglomerate capitulating to some damn perceived threat? You know what, those toothless losers have won. You have tons of cash ESPN, hire extra security if you’re that concerned.
IF THIS IS TRUE…cross Virginia off of any chance of my going back and visiting. I’m done with rampant stupidity. They used to say “Virginia is for lovers.” Wrong, Virginia is for haters, and I have no use for it.
IF THIS IS TRUE…if you watch ESPN after this latest debacle, I’ll respect your decision, but then you get what you pay for and you forfeit your right to bitch about them. I think I’ll be contacting my cable company today to see if I can get the ESPN package dropped.
Hey Robert, dude, just go hit a Primanti’s get a good sandwich and ice cold beer and just laugh at the rampant stupidity of this.
Laugh at what America has become…I’m embarrassed!