You know, all this talk of #resistance has got me stirred. Today, I’m going to stand up and resist, and for the next 900 words, I’m going to talk about what I choose to resist.
- I’m resisting the NCAA and I call for its immediate termination.
- I’m resisting big-time D1 college football programs recruiting 8th graders and younger. That’s disgusting.
- I’m resisting all the parents who act like Lavar Ball, and believe me there are many who are far worse than that cat and he is bad.
- I’m resisting the NBA until November, but more than likely January and maybe up to the trade deadline in February.
- I’m resisting the buffoonery in sports media – guys, it’s played out. Can the attempts at Improv night – it’s not funny anymore; just give it to us straight.
- I’m resisting all-star events in all sports. It’s a cash grab.
- I’m resisting the protest of the umpires in MLB wearing wristbands because the players are too hard on them. Are you kidding me? Oh, and by the way Umps, until you drop that head case Angel Hernandez, there ain’t no way that I’m gonna take your concerns seriously. NBA Officials absolutely have a right to be pissed, but MLB going this route? YGBSM…
- I’m resisting the televised coverage of the Little League World Series. I get that it’s August and the sports pickings are slim, but there ain’t no way I’m gonna support a conglomerate making money off of kids playing a game.
- I’m resisting whiny players, players who can’t stay out of trouble, and players who whine about pay – specifically at the expense of their teammates.
- I’m resisting a four game long NFL preseason. It needs to be two.
- I’m resisting the calls to change team names and logos. And by the way, what do you do with the Washington Redksins now? Do you remove Washington (slave holder) and Redskin (offensive)? What would you like to call them, the DC 76ers? Oh wait, they can’t be the 76ers because that gives credit to those slave owners who got us our independence. Let me get back to you on a new name for the NFL team in our nation’s capital.
- For that matter, what about the University of Washington? What will we call them, the University of Southern British Columbia? Oh wait, how bout the University of Northern Oregon? University of Western Idaho?
- I’m resisting ESPN, period.
- I’m resisting regular season in MLB, NHL, and the NBA – they’re too freaking long and what purpose do they serve?
- I’m resisting the Olympics period. Bunch of criminals. And no California, don’t you dare give me a bill for Lower Alaska (err, Los Angeles) hosting the Olympics in 2020 or 2024 or whenever…
- I’m resisting with all my might Mayweather/MacGregor and anything even remotely related to Boxing. I’m resisting paying for ANY pay-per-view. I will NEVER pay for a PPV and yeah NFL, that includes whatever you’re planning to charge in the future.
- I’m resisting Twitter. Fucking sewer that has deteriorated into nothing more than mindless political rants and commercials that clog up timelines. Oh, and super fans telling other fans how to fan. Eat a bag Twitter…
- I’m resisting anybody who goes out and tells me what I should say, think, or do – particularly you talking heads. Enough is enough.
- I’m resisting anybody who calls me a racist because I happen to be white and not running down to the nearest protest to participate.
- I’m resisting those who talk all the time and never listen, especially the ones to pretend to listen then tell you you’re wrong without even thinking about an opposing point of view.
- I’m resisting this classification of me and people around me being “deplorables” because we don’t share the beliefs of the folks on the coasts.
- I’m resisting the FACT that whack jobs in San Francisco have the ability to change my life to the degree that they have. Just so we’re clear white wine sippers, you are not better than me. Oh, and just so we’re clear, people are waking up to the reality of what you have crammed down our throats, and it ain’t pretty from an economic perspective. If you like it so much there, why the hell are you moving to where I live or Montana, Wyoming, Texas, and Idaho? Go back and live in your utopian paradise, and no freaks, we here do not support your way of life and your trying to tell us how we need to change to accommodate you and your beliefs. We have lived a certain way for a long enough time to know that it works for us. You left SF and Silicon Valley for a reason – you need to adjust to us, not the other way around.
- I’m resisting the protests unless and until you want to protest two parties of leadership who have done absolutely nothing for the people in at least 20 years. If you want to protest the high cost of pharmaceuticals and medical care, the poor education our kids get, the appalling lack of treatment of veterans hurt in war, the horrific amount of deaths at the hands of police (protests being correctly done), the drug epidemic, frivolous lawsuits, the unbelievably high cost of college, and the lack of vocational training in high schools, then yeah, count me in. And oh by the way, why is it that NOBODY talks about the discrimination by age?