Stuck in a rut of ridiculous stories in the dumpster fire known as the sports world, so for better or worse here’s the tantrums for the week because after all we all know “Controversy Creates Cash”:
- I am embarrassed and ashamed that Lavar Ball is what the sports world has come down to. I am embarrassed and ashamed that I feel the need to type the name, let alone think it. I am ashamed and embarrassed at the double standards and hypocrisy that he is allowed to get away with (and he is), when had somebody else done what he has done over the last week would have been roasted over an open spit.
- I am embarrassed and ashamed that the sports media has the audacity to blame the public for Lavar Ball being in the limelight, saying we want it. No, we don’t. You are the fuckers who crammed this no-talent hack down our throats and into our consciousness.
- I am embarrassed and ashamed that there are some in the sports media who claim that Ball is a problem and scream it to the heavens above on media platforms. Really? Your peers are the ones pushing this guy. Maybe check yourselves – but then again – Controversy creates cash.
- I am embarrassed and ashamed of the sports media for now they have enjoyed Lavar Ball so much that they now run to every pro athletes dad for comment. Jesus…
- I am embarrassed and ashamed that the sports world seems to deem the NBA more important than MLB in the month of July and apparently August. MLB have given way to Kar-trash-ian type stories out of the NFL and NBA. How low have we as sports fans sunk?
- I am embarrassed for the Oakland A’s fans – good fans who year after year have to go though this shit with trading bonafide quality professional baseball players to get nothing back in return. The Yankees yet again robbed the A’s for Sonny Gray supposedly getting two pitchers coming of Tommy John surgery and some money. I really hope I’m wrong and that the A’s develop the prospects they traded for and make that run in a few years – but we’ve been down this road too many times.
- I am embarrassed and ashamed because MLB is turning into another NBA with tanking and giving teams “super team” status. This isn’t a good look and is going to turn folks who started to pay attention away.
- I am embarrassed and ashamed because after all the MLB has done to become exciting again, their teams actions these last two weeks helping the Sawx, Yanks, and Dodgers only make it more clear than ever that MLB is a REGIONAL sport.
- I am embarrassed for the MMA because it has pimped itself out to become nothing more than a glorified WWE with all the scripted non-sense and the continued chase for Brock Lesnar to get back in the octagon. And no, I’m not talking shit on Brock Lesnar – I’m too damn scared.
- I am embarrassed that we as fans would even consider paying to watch a Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather “fight.” I get businesses doing it, but man, if you are a person who on his own is going to shell out to watch this farce, you ain’t about the fight game, you’re about the circus, and dare I say you aren’t a sports fan.
- I am embarrassed for the non-stop circus known as the Colin Kaepernick story. Baltimore Ravens, stop hemming and hawing and worrying how it plays – show some guts – sign the man. The upside is far more tantalizing than the blowback of a few vocal idiots. Remember this – when if ever has a boycott actually worked? You’re the NFL for God’s sake – you’re as close to Teflon as John FREAKING Gotti!!! It’s freaking Baltimore – fans are going to cheer if Kaepernick comes in and helps. And no Baltimore, turning to Ray Lewis for advice is not a good look.
- I am embarrassed and ashamed that the sports media continues ever so quietly to beat the drum for the New England Patriots to go 19-0. On that Thursday Night opener, I’m openly rooting for Kansas City to go into Foxboro and win. Why? To shut the media hacks up. Stop being lazy, find something legitimate to write about.
- I am embarrassed and ashamed that NFL Commissioner Roger Goddell makes stupid comments such as he doesn’t believe there is tanking in the NFL. Cleveland did it last year, the Jets are doing it this year. I get you can’t publicly say it, but damn…
I’m embarrassed and ashamed that I literally can’t find any good stories to write about the past week.
Finally, I’m embarrassed and ashamed that I spent 45 years loving sports and devoting my time and attention to it, only to see that this is what it has come down to – crap like this. This isn’t the sports wold that I knew – it’s now a Kar-trash-ian side show and I will continue to lose interest and why good sites like this can’t draw.