Driving down the road I see bumper stickers that say “Resist.” All over the internet, I see “RESIST” or “the resistance.” Hollyweird says it. New York says it. California says it. But it seems to me that Middle America (Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania) actually exercised it their form of resistance by voting against what the polls dictated.
So here’s my question: OK folks, what exactly are we resisting? Trump? OK, so you are willing to resist in order to keep the status quo – power with the same assholes who have led us into the mess we are in? How in the world does that make any sense? I don’t care what camp you’re in, you can’t possibly be happy with your leadership and if you are, you simply aren’t paying attention.
Some want to resist because their candidate didn’t get elected. Oh, I get it – the same candidate who had she won would be in the same boat as the current President – under non-stop investigation with paralysis from the opposing party who owns both houses of congress.
Why are we not RESISTING the political parties who are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in working towards making this “a more perfect union” because it gives points to the opposing party. It is my belief that we as a society – discounting the loud mouths on both sides dependent on division – are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Translated: Stay out of my bedroom and my wallet and don’t tell me how to live. Why are we not supporting that philosophy? I mean, it’s basic and simple, right?
Why are we not RESISTING the 10% of the loud mouths on both sides who have captured the attention of the world while the 80% somewhere in the middle try to make it through a very tough life that no leader seems to want to improve? For all of Trump’s faults (and there are many) at least he’s trying SOMETHING! The same cannot be said of either political party.
Hey Democraps – why are you not resisting your leadership structure that crammed a flawed candidate down your throats, one who many of you didn’t even want and seemingly had no platform/agenda whatsoever, oh and was under investigation at the time? At the expense of who you seemingly wanted in Bernie Sanders?
Hey Democraps – why are you looking so smug right now? Nothing is getting done and 50% of it is your fault because just like Republiturds, you fuckers don’t do shit and your own base is growing tired of your non-sense.
Hey Democraps – I keep hearing that should you win the House or Senate in 2018 your first order of business is to impeach Trump. If that’s true, and you go there first without trying to fix the problems that folks are screaming about, then you are even bigger idiots than I think.
Hey Republiturds – why are you not resisting the loud mouth extremists who will not accept compromise in any form? It’s their way or the highway, and that doesn’t work. THEY DON’T COUNT!!!
Hey Republiturds – I have one simple question here – why do you think Donald Trump beat 16 of the candidates you threw out there? Because you fuckers don’t do shit and your own base is tired of your non-sense. FUCKING DO SOMETHING!!!
Hey Republiturds – You cannot convince me that Mitch McConnell is the leader that you need. You need to resist and put somebody in there without the baggage and somebody who is willing to listen and compromise.
How bout these questions:
- Why are we not resisting mass media (New York Times, Washington Post, MSNBC, Fox, CNN) who crams garbage down your throats – bullshit that we all accept as gospel? We know they lie.
- Why are we not resisting this mantra of “you have to go to college” only when you arrive to supposedly learn a trade – to have people attempt to shape your thought into some kind of 1984 dogma where everybody has to think alike or else?
- For that matter why are we not resisting this vocational jobs such as plumbers, auto mechanics, etc. being denigrated to the point that they aren’t taught?
- Why are we not resisting the status quo when it comes to police training, crime, pharmaceutical costs, health care, infrastructure, education, veterans issues, immigration, clogging up the courts with frivolous lawsuits, taxes, and government spending? Why are we not demanding answers to why it’s taking so long to find a cure for Cancer? You mean to tell me we can’t do better than the same talking points on both sides?
- Why are we not resisting these people whose sole goal in life is to keep us apart as a people? Do we have problems? Of course we do, but until we come together to work together as a team will anything ever get fixed.
Translate it into sports:
- Why are we not resisting poor performances of long-standing shitty franchises (Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Oakland A’s, Cincinnati Reds, New York Knicks, Phoenix Suns, and whoever you want to name in the NHL)?
- Why are we not resisting the constant reaching into our pockets in the name of sports from cable companies, sports franchises (food, parking, PSL’s, etc.)? And now they look to go after the streaming market?
- Why are we not resisting the insanity of allowing bad characters continue to screw up and not giving just as talented hard working guys on the outside looking in a chance at the expense of said d-bag?
- Why are we not resisting getting fed the same teams over and over again on the networks?
I know that fan patience is infinite – at least it seems like it, but don’t you think given everything you see right now that fan patience will wane sooner rather than later?
In the end…Why are we not demanding better overall in life? We are we not standing up and saying the problem is with BOTH sides who claim that they represent us?