What does it say about the state of sports right now that a WWE style event such as Mayweather/McGregor dominated the talk yesterday? It’s beyond clear that sports is no longer sports, it is sports-entertainment, or entertainment-sports. Whatever, no wonder so many people show less and less interest in sports.
Sometimes, no matter what the cost you have to stand up for what you believe in. You have to be willing to give up something you really like or enjoy on principle or beliefs. I’ve done that and moved on. That being said, let’s move on to the sports:
- ESPN isn’t getting nearly the heat it deserves for their stupid Robert Lee issue and that tells me all I need to know about media bias specifically that it exists.
- Cleveland gonna Cleveland – they are already going to name Deshaun Kizer as their starting QB? This can only end badly for both Kizer and the Browns. As usual. Meanwhile they are looking to trade a QB with NFL experience?
- I do really not comprehend what is going on with the Miami Dolphins. Don’t even tell me “it’s preseason and doesn’t matter,” these guys are looking terrible.
- As I watch the long ass preseason continue to unfold, one answer has become clear, Seattle is a lot more dangerous of a team then I gave them credit for, and so long as they keep their egos in check they will be a tough out in January.
- Injuries to Edelman (New England) was really bad, but the more serious injury was a PCL tear to Spencer Ware in Kansas City. He was a RB that really could have helped the Chiefs. So now what?
- The Giants might want to be concerned about their backups when they lead 29-3 over the Jets and have to scramble for a 32-31 win.
What’s up in MLB. Before I get to my takes, let me be clear, I’m not advocating this, so all of you outrage machines can just chill. It’s just a picture I found and added. Secure from GQ.
- The Stankees went to Detroit supposedly to play baseball, but suddenly a brawl broke out and the benches cleared. THREE FREAKING TIMES. Yeah well, this ones on the umps. If it gets to the point where this one did, CALL THE FUCKING GAME RIGHT THEN AND THERE…if it turns out that the result of the game is critical to the playoffs let them finish it in October.
- LA Dodgers skipper puts Rich Hill who threw a nine inning no hitter back out there in the 10th and he gives up a gopher ball to lose? As I recall isn’t he the same guy that did something similar he caught heat for a while back?
- Giancarlo Stanton is up to 49 HRs tonight and the way he’s mashing he could get to 52 by the end of August. That will be one hell of a chase to 62, and perhaps something to keep an interest in MLB, whose playoff chase are withering on the vine at the end of August.
Meanwhile in Basketball,
- What is this crap with Celtic fans allegedly burning Isiah Thomas’ jersey? News flash morons – he didn’t ask to be traded. But then again it’s probably one or two of Mom’s cellar dwellers looking for a bit of attention. Hey fellas, come out of your Mom’s basement, take a shower, and see life.
- Meanwhile in Basketball, Russell Westbrook has a standing Five year, $207 million dollar offer on the table from OKC and he didn’t jump on it. Why? You think maybe he’s gonna jump to LA Lakers for less? What’s that word again? Oh yeah, tampering?