Well, Football is officially here, sort of:
- Well, it was kinda tough on my son in his first game at the FCS level as San Diego State (a very quality program as I found out) jumped out to a 38-3 lead. UC Davis got two late TD’s in garbage time to make it somewhat respectable 38-17. Oh, and this game was the first game that I’m aware of that was streamed live on Facebook – FREAKING COOL!!! Narrated by NFL Networks Dan Hellie and Daniel Jeremiah.
As for my son, he was excited to be on the field at Qualcomm, he said it was an awesome experience and as a father I couldn’t be more proud that he has reached this level of competition.
- If I’m Jimbo Fisher at Florida State, I’m taking a VERY hard look at my Special Teams Coach. At the very least they cost the momentum of the game, at the very worst they cost the team the game. I can understand one mistake, maybe even two, but there was AT LEAST four major game changing special teams errors. I’m also looking at that Offensive Line, which is going to get their starting QB killed and already in game one he got injured.
- I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so about Texas. Stupid ass talking heads propping this team up and putting them in the top 25 before they even played a game with their new coach. And then they lose to Maryland, who scored 51 points on the Longhorns. Oh, and by the way ESPN, you are some of the many idiots who were pimping up Texas, so for you to now to be saying “Don’t overreact” is kinda disingenuous.
- To the moron at Ole Miss who was running up and down the sidelines with an NWO championship belt, dude you played South Alabama. Do it when you face Alabama. Til then, that ain’t fresh.
- When I called for an upset, I never dreamed it would be today. Liberty beat Baylor 48-45. First off, good. Baylor bunch of damn criminals – I hope you go 0-12, but what I really hope is that the fleas of 1000 camels infest the jock straps of all those a-holes who never took the accusations seriously. Oh, and to the alumni and other donors who give these creeps money, you are part of the problem and don’t try to deny it. Cut the funding and I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE you that their culture will change.
- Is it rust, or just possible that USC didn’t take Western Michigan seriously?
NFL. The preseason might be over, but it’s final act has now been completed:
- The Denver Donkeys re-signed Brock Osweiler? That wasn’t the team I was thinking of, but OK, it makes some semblance of sense.
- I saw where Cleveland and Pittsburgh had a trade where Sammie Coates is going from Pittsburgh to Cleveland for late round draft picks. I kinda like this deal for Cleveland. I think the kid can help the young Browns.
- I was surprised to read that Seattle cut backup QB Trevone Boykin, who I believe can be a solid QB in the NFL. If I were some teams, I would take a hard look at bringing him in and yeah Jax, I’m looking at you.
- I also found it very interesting that New England traded QB Jacoby Brissett to Indy for WR Phillip Dorsett. This may very well help Indy, but again (it’s a broken record) it’s up to the O-Line to keep their QB upright.
MLB. I’ll give you three guesses to which two teams will be featured on ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball, and the first million don’t count. If you said Boston at the Stankees, then you were right. It’s now just blatant cash grabs.
- I said it a few weeks ago, but Justin Verlander to Houston? Wow, that is a huge get. Is he what he once was? Most likely not, but just the veteran experience alone helps the still young Astros.
As for Detroit, it made sense to hold on as long as they could, but in the end you don’t outrun father time and the Tigers are in full rebuild mode. I guess my question now is does Detroit look at trading Miggy?
- Giancarlo Stanton watch has him up to 52 HR’s and that’s on September 3rd. Anybody think he can make it to 62?
- Sneaky ass Baltimore has very quietly snuck back into the race, winning at least seven in a row before yesterday’s loss.
- This ain’t sneaky but Arizona may be peaking at the right time winning nine in a row.
Sports Media. No, ESPN, I’m not going to watch a 30 second video if you make me watch a 15 second commercial before hand. Screw you.
Good news of the Day. This is rare for me, but I wanted to say how great it was that U$C, one of the programs I dislike intently gave a blind kid a chance as a long snapper and he played yesterday in a game against a very strong Western Michigan program. Nice job USC, and I mean that sincerely.
And good for Michigan State CB T. Smith who had a pick six yesterday. What’s so incredible about that? Nothing – other than the fact that he had a stroke just one year ago. Props to you my man!!!