Welcome to February, but I gotta tell you that sports just sucks anymore.
I have the least amount of interest in the Super Bowl that I have ever had, and that’s saying a lot having watched all but the first five. But I will say this to the Philadelphia Eagles – do not be in a position to where the game is close either at the half or the end of the game. Do not leave anything to chance or give the officials any excuse to get involved because if you do, you gonna get screwed. Sorry New England fan – I can forgive a lot, but there’s just been too many times that it’s happened.
As for the NBA. Unfortunately I gotta go here. I can’t recall the last time I actually cared enough to watch a game – something that in my mind was “must see” not even with the Sacramento Kings.
If an organization that has to go out and say that they are better than MLB – a comment mostly coming from ESPiN, then in my mind they are trying too hard to sell that take – a take which isn’t even close to right in my opinion.
- I would really love the NBA to explain to me how the Los Angeles Lakers deserve all of this coverage in terms of national games and don’t get me started on the Luke Walton/Lavar Ball/Lonzo Ball/Laker Organization garbage…
- Just a thought – the Lakers getting more coverage than Golden State, at least as much as I’ve seen.
- I drive 35-40 minutes to work every morning and you know what the talking heads talk about? LeBron James. We’ve got a Super Bowl coming up, and all the talking heads want to do is talk about LBJ?
- I will say that one of the things that I really like here this year is that rumors and speculation with regard to trades have really slowed down and that’s a good thing. I believe that the media participation in that shit is tantamount to tampering.
As for Hockey, I absolutely love the sport and I really wish more people would take it into account because it has all the things people would like: speed, agility, aggression, scoring, etc..
I’m having a reinassance with Baseball and have had it for the past few years – particularly I enjoy taking a break and going down to Spring Training. No, I don’t sit in front of my TV and watch games – I simply don’t have time for that, but what I like about Baseball for the moment is that it has overcome the regional stigma and folks are starting to get into it. Now I will warn MLB that they are falling into the trap again with this Yankee crap (and yeah, I call shenanigans on the Yankees and Derek Jeter for how Stanton got to the Bronx)…
Golf and Tennis are passe, I just cant get into NASCAR, and Soccer while a kind of social event just doesn’t interest me.
D-1 College Football is a joke, and the only thing holding my attention is Big Sky Football. College Basketball is only interesting on the first weekend of the madness in March.
Then there is the “business-ication” of High School and Middle School sports and even worse yet the reports of gambling on youth football? Are you degenerates freaking kidding me? How pathetic do you have to be if you are throwing green down on 6-12 year olds trying to play a freaking game? If you have that kind of money – donate it to charities.
But then we come right back to the NFL – 45 years which I have had an active interest. Look, there has to be a reason for Vinnie Mac (Vince McMahon) to relaunch the XFL and it’s because people are tired of the NFL’s bullshit. Vince made a mistake the first go round, but I think he learned and he feels that the time is right. He’s wanted to try and the NFL is making it that much easier for him by shooting themselves in the foot – so why not? No, I’m not talking about the debate about the National Anthem, I’m talking about the product – it sucks!!!
- How do you sell an AFC fan outside of Pittsburgh, Denver, and New England that they even remotely have a chance?
- Why is it that Dallas is consistently covered? They’re mediocre at best and with that talent they shouldn’t be and if they were anybody else besides the star on the helmet, they would be doomed to an existence such as the Detroit Lions live through.
- Officiating is atrocious and teams are screwed on a consistent basis. If you were a fan of let’s say Detroit or in all reality the opponent of New England that week – why would you even bother watching?
In the end we’ve jumped the shark. Sports has gone from the actual game to entertainment and while I somewhat pay attention, I can’t really give a damn anymore. I now understand why so many have disappeared, not just from our little website, but from caring about sports altogether.